Preparing the Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar settings for transcribing in Guitar Pro 7
1. Connect the Jamstik Studio to the Jamstik Creator application on Mac or Windows.
2. In the device settings menu select Transcription mode *Note: this feature requires Creator v1.17+ and Firmware version 3.15+
- Transcription mode improves accuracy and filters out unwanted MIDI notes at the cost of adding 30-40 extra milliseconds of latency and disabling some performance features like hammer-ons. This mode is primarily meant for recording rather than performing, and we strongly recommend using a lower buffer size and ASIO drivers on Windows and disabling this mode when you are done transcribing.
Then, set the MIDI mode to Multi-channel, also, ensure that the MIDI channel is set to Channel 1
3. When notating with the Jamstik Studio it is recommended to decrease the overall string sensitivity from the default settings to prevent any unwanted artifacts (misc. string noise) from being entered as a MIDI note.
Connecting the Jamstik Studio in Guitar Pro 7 on Mac or Windows
4. Launch Guitar Pro 7 (if using a Windows device make sure to close out of the Creator)
5. Go to the File > Preferences > Audio / MIDI menu (on Windows) - OR - Go to the GuitarPro 7 > Preferences > Audio / MIDI menu (on macOS)
6. Select your MIDI device & set the 1st Channel to the lowest string (see pic below) -
7. You can then enable the MIDI capture from the Sound menu in Guitar Pro & start transcribing!
Note: If your MIDI device is not listed, unplug and re-plug it to the computer & select the refresh button.
Also, note that the MIDI capture in Guitar Pro 7 is not a real-time capture, each note is entered step by step.