Getting Started in Reason
Here's how to connect your Jamstik's MIDI output to Reason.
This demonstration walks through the process using the Jamstik Studio, but the connection process is the same for all of the Jamstik controllers.
- First, make sure your Jamstik is plugged in via USB and turned on.
- Next, add an instrument device to your rack in reason.
- Now go to the preferences menu through edit - preferences.
- Make sure control surfaces is selected at the top and make sure your Jamstik is listed and enabled.
- Now click on Add Manually at the top of the window.
- Select Other for manufacturer
- And MIDI Control Keyboard for Model
- The Name can be anything you'd like, We'll name this Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar here.
- For MIDI Input you can either select your Jamstik from the dropdown or click find and strum on the Jamstik to let Reason detect the device.
- Click ok, then make sure "Use With Reason" is checked by the control surface we created.
- Exit preferences and start playing!
Note: Currently Reason does not support VST3 plugins, so the Jamstik Creator plugin cannot run inside Reason. Make sure to check the Jamstik Creator: Third-Party DAW Compatibility Database for the current state of plugin compatibility with this and other DAWs.