How to set and calibrate the string height for best performance with the Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar
The Jamstik Studio is set up to have approximately 1mm string height from the MIDI pickup to the string. This adjustment is not required out of the box, however, the proper 1mm string height needs to be maintained for optimal MIDI performance and tracking accuracy. This article is a walkthrough of this setup process should your Jamstik Studio ever require an adjustment to maintain the 1mm distance between the string and the MIDI pickup.
A few example signs of when it's warranted to make an adjustment:
- Missed notes and or low velocities = String is too far away from the MIDI pickup and needs to be lowered
- High velocities and increased artifacts = String is too close to the MIDI pickup and needs to be raised
-Allen Key (Provided in Gig Bag)
-1mm Guitar Pick (Provided in Gig Bag)
Calibrating The MIDI Pickup
- Measure the distance between the string and pickup with the included 1mm pick laid flat as shown below
- Adjust each string as needed using the provided Allen key to set the string saddle height to approximately a 1mm gap between the string and pickup.
1. Loosen String
2. Loosen the screw on the left as needed
3. Adjust the screw on the right until the string is at the desired height
4. Tighten the string and check the string to pickup height using the 1mm guitar pick