String Calibration happens at the factory, done by hand at the end of the assembly line. You should generally NOT have to calibrate, or even, "recalibrate" your strings. However, there are certain circumstances where you may need to do so.
To get your Jamstik 7 in recalibration mode, you'll have to:
1. Turn your Jamstik on.
2. Hold the Power Button for 30 seconds.
- During this time, the LEDs will go Blank, Red for 10 seconds, Off again for another 10 seconds, then back on and show Red/Green Lights. Then it's ready for recalibration.
If you received one of the first 500 Jamstik 7s, or were perhaps gifted one, you may need to recalibrate your strings. The good news is that it's easy to tell if you need a re-calibration or if you should instead, Adjust your string tension.
1. Always update your firmware first - instructions above will assume you have the latest firmware. If you have any trouble with that, submit a ticket and we'll help you out.
2. With the latest firmware, if your strings need calibration, you'll know as your Jamstik 7 will be showing the unique LED display that appears BOTH Red & Green at the same time (referenced above)
If your Jamstik shows this behavior, you'll need to perform a simple recalibration.
Recalibration Steps: After a hard reset or power up, if your Jamstik is showing BOTH Red and Green LEDs simultaneously, or at the same time:
1. Grab each string, starting from high e - lift it slightly up, and wiggle back and forth until you hear a tone. Grab the next string and perform the same movement, until you've moved each string to define it's movement.
2. The LED should turn from both Red/Green to Standard Green once calibration has been successful. (Keep moving strings far enough to touch their neighboring string until sensor calibration is proven successful via the green lights). If you have trouble, please consider adjusting your string tension or contacting us.