The accelerometer feature (available in firmware version 5.034) allows users to access a ton of additional expression by mapping MIDI controller messages to an axis on the jamstik+! In this example, we will utilize this feature in one of our favorite apps: GarageBand.
Check Out Getting Started with Using The Accelerometer in Jamstik+ Article Here
- jamstik+ (loaded with FW: 5.034+)
- jamstik+ App
- iOS Device
1) Turn on your jamstik+ (wait for pulsing amber to indicate advertising connection)
2) Launch the jamstik+ App
3) Connect to jamstik+ App
4) In the settings menu, switch Accelerometer "ON"
5) Once the Accelerometer is enabled, select a controller message (1-16)
- 0 = Accel off
- 1 = Modulation Wheel
- 2 = Breath Controller
- 3 - 5 is undefined.
- 4 = Foot Controller
- 5 = Portamento Time
- 6 = Data Entry
- 7 = Channel Volume
- 8 = Balance
- 9 - 10 is undefined
- 10 = Pan
- 11 = Expression
- 12 = Effect Control 1
- 13 = Effect Control 2
- 14 - 15 is undefined
- 16 = General Purpose Controller 1
6) After you select a MIDI CC message, close out of the settings menu to commit
(for this example, select MIDI CC message 1)
7) Launch GarageBand (Close out of the jamstik+ App to save the processing power)
8) In GarageBand's settings menu -> Bluetooth MIDI devices
9) Connect by selecting your jamstik+ ID
10) Once connected, select an instrument & move the Jamstik on the axis as pictured below.
11) Have fun utilizing the accelerometer feature!