- Download the official jamstik+ companion app, "Here"
- Ensure Battery is installed and turn on your jamstik+
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your Apple Device
- Turn on your jamstik+ by pressing the power button
- Wait for the red LED to pulse an amber color (This may take up to 15 seconds - pulsing amber light indicates bluetooth is ready to be paired)
- Open the jamstik+ App
- Click on, "+ Select a jamstik+" in the top left corner
- Click your jamstik+ to get connected (The LED should turn GREEN indicating it has paired successfully)
- Finally, the jamstik+ will perform a quick communication with our App shown by a loading animation. When finished, your jamstik+ ID # will appear in the top left corner of the screen.
You may want to connect over Bluetooth to other apps like GarageBand. Here's a quick video showing you how to accomplish this.
Connecting to Mac over Bluetooth
You can download our Mac Apps below, then read on:
- Let’s connect your jamstik+ to your Mac.
- Start by pressing the power button on your jamstik+.
- With Bluetooth turned on, launch the AudioMIDI Setup application in your Utilities folder.
- If not already visible, select “Show MIDI Studio” from the Window dropdown menu.
- Double click the Bluetooth icon.
- The jamstik+ has an 8 digit ID that starts with JS, select it and then select “Connect."
- Once connected the status LED of the jamstik+ will change to green, and the Bluetooth Discovery pane will change the “connect” button to “disconnect.” The jamstik+ is nowconnected via Bluetooth to the Mac.
- We’ll play a chord in Logic Pro X to confirm. Yes, we’re connected.
MAC DESKTOP OR LAPTOP VIA USB CABLE
- Plug the mini-usb charging cable into your jamstik.
- Connect the usb to a port on your Mac.
- Power on your jamstik.
- Your jamstik should instantly be recognized as a midi device.
*Your machine may message that it is installing plug-n-play drivers. Please wait for this process to finish before using your jamstik+.
Try it out with Garage Band, or other MIDI-capable music software.