Depending on your playing style, you may find that you'll have a more enjoyable experience if you adjust the string sensitivity on your Jamstik. It can be used to troubleshoot missed picks, to improve dynamic performance etc.
*Note* - before you adjust your sensitivity, you should ensure your strings are properly tensioned.
As a General Rule:
- If you are a light picker, or finger picker, you may want to INCREASE string sensitivity.
- If you are a strong picker, you may want to DECREASE string sensitivity.
You can adjust sensitivity in both the the Jamstik Play Portal and the Learning Portal for Jamstik iOS App or the Jamstik Control iOS app.
To adjust string sensitivity via the Learning Portal for Jamstik, follow these steps:
1. Login to your account, connect your Jamstik and enter "Device Settings".
2. Click the sensitivity settings tab.
3. You can choose a preset of low, medium, high or max sensitivity. You can also individually adjust string sensitivities by clicking "Advanced String Sensitivity" which will make for a custom setup.
4. If you find that adjusting your sensitivities produces an audio output that is too soft OR loud, you can use Velocity Sensitivity to fine-tune the audio output. Raising string boost will increase volume and lowering will decrease it. The Acceptable range for Velocity is 0-64.
Please sign in to leave a comment.