Depending on your playing style, you may find that you'll have a more enjoyable experience if you adjust the string sensitivity on your Jamstik. It can be used to troubleshoot missed picks, to improve dynamic performance etc.
*Note* - before you adjust your sensitivity, you should ensure your strings are properly tensioned.
As a General Rule:
- If you are a light picker, or finger picker, you may want to INCREASE string sensitivity.
- If you are a strong picker, you may want to DECREASE string sensitivity.
To adjust string sensitivity via the Play Portal, follow these steps:
1. Login to your account, connect your Jamstik and enter "Device Settings".
2. Click the sensitivity settings tab.
3. You can choose a preset of low, medium, high or max sensitivity. You can also individually adjust string sensitivities by clicking "Advanced String Sensitivity" which will make for a custom setup.
4. If you find that adjusting your sensitivities produces an audio output that is too soft OR loud, you can use Velocity Sensitivity to fine-tune the audio output. Raising string boost will increase volume and lowering will decrease it. The Acceptable range for Velocity is 0-64.