Depending on your playing style, you may find that you'll have a more enjoyable experience adjusting the string sensitivity on your Jamstik. It can be used to troubleshoot missed picks, or improve dynamic performance.
As a General Rule:
If you use a pick, or are a light picker, you may want to INCREASE string sensitivity.
If you are a strong picker, or finger picker, you may want to DECREASE string sensitivity.
To adjust string sensitivity via the Play Portal, follow these steps:
1. Login to play.jamstik.com, connect your Jamstik, and enter, "Free Play".
2. Click the, "Pick-Shaped" icon to open string picking sensitivity settings.
3. You can choose a preset of low, medium, high or max sensitivity. You can also individually adjust string sensitivities which will make for a custom setup. String Sensitivity ranges from 0-8.
4. If you find adjusting your sensitivities produces too soft or loud of audio output, you can use String Boost to fine tune the audio output. Raising string boost will increase volume, and lowering will quiet down the output. The Acceptable range for string boost is 0-64.
To adjust string sensitivity via the Jamstik App for iOS, follow these steps:
1. Open the Jamstik App, and connect your Jamstik.
2. Click the pick iconin the right-hand menu to open the sensitivity adjustments menu.
3. Adjust your string picking sensitivity as desired.
Lower trigger values mean more sensitive pick detection, while higher values will require stronger plucks to register input.
Additive MIDI volume values to compensate for "light" picking.
These are the values we found worked best, and they may update with firmware periodically. Blue contains the values for a very sensitive threshold at which a pick action still creates a midi note while Red contains values for a threshold that requires stronger plucks to register input.