In product development we are always beta-testing improved features and finding new ways to create music with the Jamstik. The possibilities are endless when you fuse software development and the music community. We can change the way music is performed and composed!
Using programs like Logic Pro X and Ableton, you can use the Jamstik as a mobile music machine. Here are some essentials when playing the Jamstik using the Jamstik app and 3rd party apps:
- Tap Mode - This is an easy and fun way to play melodies and lead passages, and is one of the most used features with the Jamstik. Read a full article on Tap Mode here.
- Use the D-Pad Frequently - Get used to using the D-Pad to control your octave, control your digital capo and to enable Tap Mode. The commands are fully customizable within the Jamstik App and make navigation easy. Also works well with the "MIDI Learn" function. Full article located here.
- Lower the Buffer Rate in your DAWs - Latency is one of the biggest barriers in getting MIDI devices to perform the way you want them to. Make sure that your device and software are set to the most responsive settings. For an example on lowering buffer rate, check out this article.
- Enable / Disable Hammer-Ons - In the latest firmware release we set the default for Hammer-On Mode to ON. If you want more accurate tracking in your DAW, try turning this mode OFF. You can do this via Jamstik App > Settings. We are constantly improving this mode, so check back for updates.
- Explore the world of Compatible Apps - There are so many great apps that have amazing synthesizers, drum samples and other sounds that work fantastic with the Jamstik. There are also tons of free and paid apps out there, and we encourage you to check them out! Some of our favorites are located on the Compatible Apps Page.
Expect some more articles in the future which dive deep into other pro features like the accelerometer! We are just getting warmed up. With all of these tools available to us musicians, we are bound to create some amazing music with the Jamstik and our mobile devices.