Latency is the delay from input into a system to the desired outcome.
Your final latency will be determined by the processing speed of your device. Mobile audio quality varies significantly based on the device you're using, this index from the team at JUCE is a great resource for how you can expect your device to perform.
Tips for best performance:
Here are a few precautions you can take to minimize the amount of time it takes for your device to process the MIDI information & in turn optimize your latency:
MOBILE: (Jamstik app, JamTutor, JamMix, etc..)
- Close any apps that are running in the background
- Download the latest version of the Jamstik app
- DO NOT USE BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES OR SPEAKERS
- Some apps have a "Low Latency" feature that will help prioritize
- Some sounds may have different attack rates & may respond differently
DESKTOP / LAPTOP: (DAW: FL Studios, Ableton, Logic, etc..)
- Close unneeded applications, especially memory/processor intensive operations
- Go to your preferred software > Options (Or MIDI settings menu) Adjust your buffer & sample rate in your DAW to the optimal settings
**(optimal settings vary depending on the processor of your device)**
If you are still experiencing issues, check your environment for any devices that may be causing Bluetooth interference.