Yes, we developed the Google Chrome web-browser experience, play.jamstik.com so that PC users have access to learn and practice guitar online using the Jamstiks! *Please note that we do NOT offer our Jamstik & JamTutor iOS apps for Windows.
Can I use the Jamstik with my DAW on Windows/PC?
Yep! The Jamstik is able to act as a MIDI controller with some PC computers to control VST's and sound fonts when paired with a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). Many DAWs can be used via Plug-N-Play over USB, and a growing number of programs are beginning to implement BLE MIDI support. Latency may vary.
How to connect to a PC via USB:
- Turn on Jamstik>Plug-in Jamstik via USB>
- Open DAW>File>Preferences>MIDI options menu>
- ENABLE: JAMSTIK AS GENERIC MIDI CONTROLLER
- Select a track
- Select a sound font / VST
Can I connect to a PC via Bluetooth:
*You may be able to connect via BLE if you have Windows 10 with Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0 and Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz+.
- If you are experiencing latency experiment with your sample & buffer rates to find the optimal setting for your device.
- Please be aware that connecting to a DAW via PC is a bit of an open-ended "sandbox" type of experience, so it is only recommended for advanced users who are familiar with MIDI.
**We strongly recommend using a Hi-speed USB cable for the best-hardwired performance!